This is the ultimate Yucatan experience - a different kind of a tour with small and personal groups. Explore, first-hand, some of the most famous wonders of the Mayan world. Start at Chichen Itza, the most important archaeological zone in the Yucatan peninsula - it is the ancient capital of the Mayan Empire and voted as one of the new "Seven Wonders of the World".
Enjoy and cool off in the natural beauty of Cenote Ik-Kil, a natural pool which is ideal for cliff diving and swimming. You will have the option to enjoy a sandwich and later a late four course meal at world famous “Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, Bar & Grill” or a Buffet lunch and drink at Ikil Cenote.
Explore current day Mayaland in the colonial town and museums of Valladolid. The colonial town of Valladolid was founded in 1543 by Francisco de Montejo, who established Spanish rule in most of the Yucatán peninsula.
As in so many other places in the “New World”, the Spanish built their own churches on the site of the old pagan temples. Valladolid used to be a Mayan town by the name of Zací. You will gain a perspective on the people of the Mayan world that you never knew existed. Valladolid is a small, quaint city-town that still preserves a special colonial flavor and becoming a new tourist destination. You will have free time to enjoy Valladolid, and will visit its majestic Cathedral of San Gervasio.
You will also visit one of the most beautiful buildings in the area - the Monastery of Saint Bernardino of Siena, which is the first church built on American soil. The Spanish Government has recently deemed Valladolid as one of the most authentic Spanish cities in the Americas.
Following the stop in Valladolid, and on the way back to your place of stay, you will stop at world famous “Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, Bar & Grill” for drinks and appetizers.
This tour includes an English speaking guide, including a federally certified guide in the Chichen Itza site. Snacks, lunch, drinks, evening appetizers and air-conditioned transportation is included in the cost of the tour.
This is a much different experience than the regular bus tours - much smaller, more personal and even more rewarding!
*Please note that our tours are “Small Group Shared Expeditions” and average (4) to (7) guests and never more than (9) guest in the group. The cost will be based on how many guest are in the Van the day of the expedition. We tell our guest to base the cost as only they are in the Van, that way, if more guest join, the cost will be less.
**Private Expeditions could be any size and need a separate quote depending on the group size.
- $410 USD per guest based on (1) guest. *
- $295 USD per guest based on (2) to (3) guests. *
- $225 USD per guest based on (4) to (6) guests. *
- $185 USD per guest based on (7) to (9) guests. *
- $165 USD per guest based on (10+) guests (Private Groups only).**
- Monday through Sunday from (10) to (11) Hours.
- These tours are for small groups and, for an additional fee, can be private. Private tour fee is dependent on place of stay and group size.
Add Ek Balam for $65 USD more
Add Cobá (VIP) for $50 USD more
Add underwater Camera rental for $45 USD
(We email Pictures to you).
- Pastry, fruit & coffee in the morning.
- Comfortable round-trip air-conditioned transportation.
- Bilingual guide all day.
- Very small, flexible and personalized groups.
- Visit and experience the ancient city of Chichen Itza.
- Federally Certified English speaking archaeological site guide at Chichen Itza.
- Cool off by cliff diving & swimming in beautiful Ikil Cenote. (Famous for its “Red Bull” cliff diving events).
- Ice chest with snacks, fruit, beer and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Delicious four course meal at Oscar & Lalos included with non-alcoholic drinks.
- Free time to enjoy the Spanish Colonial town of Valladolid.
- Visit the Majestic Cathedral of San Gervasio.
- Visit one of the most beautiful buildings in the area the Monastery of Saint Bernardino of Siena.
- The first church built in the Americas.
- On the return home drive, we stop at “Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, Bar & Grill” for a bathroom stop, drink, appetizers and to pay your tour cost balance.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (From the Tulum city to Playa Del Carmen city, at no additional cost.). Hotels/Places of Stay not located within our regular Pick-up/Drop-off area may include an additional Pick-up/Drop-off fee; please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Round-trip air-conditioned transportation.
- Enjoy coffee and pastry in morning.
- Snacks & Fruit provided.
- Cold beer, water and soft drinks are included.
- Enjoy excellent a delicious 4 course Meal at Oscar & Lalos.
- Federally certified English speaking archaeological site guide.
- Bilingual guide.
- Personal driver all day.
- All entrance fees.
- Entrance fees to the Cenote Ik kil.
- Entrance fees to the Chichen Itza site.
- Entrance fees to museums in Valladolid.
- Entrance fee to the Monastery of Saint Bernardino of Siena.
- All Equipment.
Recommended to Bring
- Good walking shoes or non-slip flip-flops.
- Hat (for ruins visit only).
- Swimsuit and towel .
- Change of clothing.
- Extra cash for tips or souvenirs.
Bring or buy from us:
- Biodegradable Insect Repellent.
- Biodegradable Sunblock.
NOTE: This is an active tour, it is not recommended for people with health problems especially people with heart conditions,
pregnant women and people with Asthma.